Summer Evening Group Gliding
During the summer Cotswold Gliding Club operates gliding evenings for groups to come along and try gliding. This is a brilliant opportunity for you and your friends or colleagues to come along and give gliding a try.
The evening is arranged around your group and after normal club flying has finished for the day, all our facilities are yours to enjoy. Each of your group will enjoy a flight in one of our modern training gliders with a fully qualified instructor. During the flight you will be able to take photos or video or your instructor can let you take the controls.
We offer groups a discount from our usual trial lesson price, with prices starting at just £35.00 for groups of 10 or more. You can also make your evening more of a social event with the use of our barbecue (catered by you) and our well stocked bar (after flying has finsihed of course!).
Our group gliding evenings are ideal for a variety of groups such as:-
- Company and corporate events. Ideal for motivation and team building. Even as a great alternative to the usual Christmas meal. Over the years we have had Doctors and Nurses, Engineers, Accountants even Commercial Pilots.
- Clubs and Societies – get out of the Golf Club and give something else a try. Photography clubs can take advantage of a different view point. Why not have your next meeting at our airfield.
- Scouts/Girl Guides – we regularly fly Scout groups who keep coming back for more. Gliding isn't just for boys though, Girl Guides are also welcome.
- Cadets – most Air Cadets fly gliders regularly but what about Sea Cadets and Army Cadets? Come and try gliding! All are welcome.
- Disabled/limited mobility – we regularly fly people with mobility problems. We have plenty of helpers on site and lifting equipment to help you in and out of the glider.
We extend our weather promise for our evening flying. Whilst we cannot guarantee the weather, we do promise to fly you on another day if your chosen evening is cancelled due to factors beyond our control.
To book please contact the office either by telephone or by email. We look forward to seeing you.